Effective Date: July 1, 2023
“Right Stuf Anime,” “Right Stuf,” or “we,” “us,” and “our” collectively refers to Right Stuf, Inc; and
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMAITON
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
COVERED STATES PRIVACY RIGHTS
THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND THE UNITED KINGDOM PRIVACY RIGHTS
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Categories Of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, including name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, telephone numbers, or other similar identifiers; as well as account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
- Personal records, including your name, signature, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information. This category includes the information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), some of which is duplicative of the other Personal Information listed here.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, including date of birth, age, sex, gender, gender identity.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites or advertisements.
- Geolocation data, including information inferred from your IP address or unique device identifier.
- Audiovisual information, photographs and video of you, and audio recordings when you interact with us on a recorded phone line when you call our customer service center.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories, including information about preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes that we collect via our websites or other offerings in order to personalize content.
2. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We obtain the types of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from. For example, from information that you provide us related to your orders for products purchased from us, in connection with establishing an account with us, as part of a contest or promotion, or otherwise directly submit to us.
- From activity on our websites and other offerings. For example, from submissions through our website or information collected automatically from use of our websites. For more information about Personal Information we automatically collect, please see below.
- From publicly available sources.
- From our third party vendors or service providers, including payment processors.
- From third-party website analytics tools and cookies, web tags and other technologies that collect information about visitor traffic on our website.
Information We Automatically Collect
- Perform functions necessary to provide our services, such as keeping you logged in and keeping our content secure.
- Provide features or content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location.
- Enhance your user experience by remembering your preferences, such as preferred language.
- Monitor, evaluate and optimize the use and operation of our websites, such as checking for bugs and glitches.
- Use analytics services, such as those provided by Google and Adobe. If you don’t want us to use information about your visits in this way, you may opt-out of Google Analytics by following this link.
- Location-identifying Technologies. Subject to applicable laws, we may use GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies to locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content (e.g. territory restrictions) and advertising based on your location. You can turn off precise geo-location tracking through the location settings on your device and/or in our Content (if available).
- Social Media Features. Our Services include social media features, such as the Facebook "Like" button and widgets, the "share this" widget, or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
- Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- Targeted Advertising. Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect information about you through cookies and/or web beacons on our Services and other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may click here to locate additional information on understanding online advertising and learn your opting out options base on your specific needs (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads, and, to opt out of third-party advertising or analytics, please see section "Your Choices" below.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- register and manage your account;
- process and track your order;
- provide status updates on your order;
- provide customer service when you need help;
- improve customer service and/or merchandise selection;
- provide products and services that you request;
- provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased;
- identify preferences that you provide to us;
- communicate with you about our products and services;
- send you email updates, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- manage your participation in events and sweepstakes;
- customize our Services or our communications with you;
- track the efficacy of our Services and help us learn more about our visitors’ shopping behavior;
- enable you to communicate with us through social networks or other interactive media;
- publish testimonials;
- analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our Services or social media channels as well as your purchases;
- protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- understand our customers’ aggregate shopping behavior;
- improve our website experience;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- upload or remove your user generated content;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards; and/or
- fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so.
4. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Right Stuf or any of its assets may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your Personal Information may be considered one of the business assets of the transaction. In this case, your Personal Information may be transferred to the purchaser or prospective purchaser to the extent permitted by law, either as part of the transaction or during any due diligence process.
If required by law, we may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties or for additional purposes.
5. HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected;
- The Personal Information is reasonably necessary to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
Where information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention policies, please contact us using the contact details below.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY
We take reasonable measures that are designed to protect your Personal Information we collect from unauthorized access, misuse, modification, disclosure and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Services.
You are responsible for any transactions that are made in your name by someone who has access to your computer or your credit card number. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to any login or password information, and to your computer. To minimize the risk of having your account compromised, we recommend that you set up your account password using unique numbers, letters and special characters. Do not disclose passwords to others. Please notify us of any password compromises and change passwords periodically to maintain account protection.
7. YOUR CHOICES
We offer you choices about the information we collect, how we use and disclose this information, and how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by using the form located on the Contact Us link at RightStufAnime.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. Note that you will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g., order status) even if you opt of marketing emails. To opt out of Direct Mail, please use the form located on the Contact Us link at RightStufAnime.com and include your postal address in the body of the form.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want information about your activity on our Services to be used for tailored advertising, please visit the opt-out page hosted by the Network Advertising Initiative and follow the instructions there.
- Cookies. You may disable cookies in your Web browser, but doing so will impact the usability of the Services. To learn more about the use of such cookies and technologies and about opportunities to choose not to allow cookies, click here.
- Analytics. You may opt-out of Google Analytics by following this link.
- Updating Your Profile. You may update or correct your Personal Information related to your account directly on the site logging into your account (Account Log In) or by completing the form located on the Contact Us link at RightStufAnime.com. We will respond to requests within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with our legal obligations. We retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, contractual statute of limitations, resolution of disputes, and enforcement of our agreements. Please note that we may not be able to delete data upon request depending on the reasons above and the nature of your interactions (e.g., we retain data to notify customers of product recalls).
- Testimonials We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to remove any or all Personal Information or posts, simply delete your account.
- Gift Card Recipients. Your gift card recipient may us the Contact Us link at RightStufAnime.com to request an update, correction or deletion of their personally information. Again, for various reasons stated above, we may not be able to delete information upon request.
- Privacy Rights. Some jurisdictions provide their residents specific rights under data protection law. If you exercise your right under such applicable law, we will process your requests in accordance with applicable law.
8. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
9. CALIFORNIA USER PRIVACY RIGHTS (“CALIFORNIA SECTION”)
Right to Correct Inaccurate Information
If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct that information.
The Right to Delete
As a California resident you have the right to request that Right Stuf delete Personal Information which Right Stuf has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Where we use deidentification to satisfy a deletion request, we commit to maintaining and using the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information.
The Right to Know
You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, which includes:
- (1) The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, including
- a. The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected
- b. Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information
- c. The categories of recipients to which we disclose Personal Information
- d. The categories of Personal Information that we sold, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which we sold that particular category of Personal Information
- e. The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of recipients to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information
- (2) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The right to access – You have the right to request that Right Stuf provide you with copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Right Stuf correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Right Stuf complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Right Stuf erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Right Stuf restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Right Stuf’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Right Stuf transfer the data that we have collected directly to you, under certain conditions.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
Our use of Sensitive Personal Information is limited to exempt purposes under CCPA, and is therefore not subject to the right to limit use and disclosure under the law.
Opting Out of the Sale and Sharing of Personal Information
California Consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information and sharing of Personal Information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
We may disclose the categories of Personal Information we collect to service providers that perform services on our behalf, including communications, processing payments, supporting our websites, storing data, providing analytics, supporting our marketing and advertising, or otherwise helping us to operate our business. We may also share each of the categories of Personal Information listed above with third parties such as advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and social networks.
Right Stuf does not sell Personal Information in exchange for money. However, some of the ways in which Right Stuf shares Personal Information with third parties to deliver more meaningful ads may be considered “sales” or “sharing” for cross-context behavioral advertising under the CCPA.
Right Stuf does not have actual knowledge that it sells the Personal Information of California residents under 16 years of age.
To submit a request to opt out of sale or sharing for cross contextual behavioral advertising, please click here or call us at (800) 338-6827. We also accept certain opt-out preference signals sent from your browser that will opt you out of the sale and sharing of your Personal Information.
Right to Non-Discrimination
A California consumer has the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by a business for the exercise of their privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request to Correct, Request to Delete, or Request to Correct
To submit a request to correct, request to delete or request to know under the CCPA, you can contact us using the information below:
a. Phone: (800) 338-6827
b. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you submit a request to delete, request to know, or request to correct, Right Stuf will need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before the request will be processed. Generally, this means you will be asked to email email@example.com to provide 2-3 pieces of Personal Information that we will match against our records to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf; however, you will still need to verify your identity directly with us before your request can be processed. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf using the methods described above.
Please note that if you make a privacy rights request, we will retain the Personal Information submitted in connection with your request for recordkeeping purposes.
10. PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CONSUMERS IN COVERED STATES OTHER THAN CALIFORNIA
If you are a consumer who lives in Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia (“Covered States”), you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information as described below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 338-6827 to submit requests for deletion, access, correction or appeals, or here to opt out of targeted advertising. Please note that we may need to authenticate your identity before your request can be processed. For authentication, you may be asked to log into your account or to provide certain Personal Information that we will match against our records.
Right to Access and Data Portability
You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information, to access your Personal Information, and to obtain a copy of Personal Information you provided to us in a portable format.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and our purposes for processing it.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of the following uses of your Personal Information: (a) targeted advertising; (b) the sale of Personal Information; and (c) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning your economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location, or movements. Right Stuf does not sell Personal Information for money and does not profile individuals in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects under applicable state privacy laws. To opt out of targeted advertising and/or non-monetary “sales” of Personal Information, please use the links provided above. If you are an authorized agent submitting an opt-out request on behalf of a consumer where allowed by law, please follow the instructions provided above and within our webform. We use commercially reasonable efforts to authenticate the identity of the consumer to whom the request relates and the authorized agent’s authority to act on the consumer’s behalf.
Right to Appeal
Sometimes we are unable to process requests relating to your Personal Information, in which case, your request will be denied. If you are a resident of a Covered State whose privacy rights request has previously been denied by us and you believe we denied it in error, you may appeal for reconsideration of your request by emailing email@example.com or calling us at (800) 338-6827. Information for Nevada Residents. Nevada law provides residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” to third parties, including but not limited to name, address, social security number, telephone number, email address, and other information through which a person may be contacted. Our uses of your covered information are not sales under Nevada law. If you have any questions or if you would like to receive notice by email in the event we should engage in “sales” of covered information under Nevada law in the future, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Information for Nevada Residents.
Nevada law provides residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” to third parties, including but not limited to name, address, social security number, telephone number, email address, and other information through which a person may be contacted. Our uses of your covered information are not sales under Nevada law. If you have any questions or if you would like to receive notice by email in the event we should engage in “sales” of covered information under Nevada law in the future, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
11. THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND THE UNITED KINGDOM PRIVACY RIGHTS (“EEA/UK Section”)
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States. It will therefore be necessary to transfer and process your Personal Information in the United States, where the privacy laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in your home country.
We take appropriate measures designed to enable the secure transfer of your Personal Information and implement solutions designed to address cross-border transfers as required by applicable law such as, with relation to the EEA, standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission; and with the UK, standard contractual clauses approved by the UK government.
Your Data Protection Rights
Where required by applicable law, you may have the rights listed below. Where we rely on your consent for processing of your Personal Information, you may also withdraw consent to the processing (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal).
In accordance with GDPR, you are entitled to the following:
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Legal Basis of Processing
We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process Personal Information, including: (a) as necessary to perform a transaction (such as in order to provide the products and services you requested); (b) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use Personal Information for record keeping); (c) consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law); and (d) necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally, including maintaining the safety and security of the platform).
12. AGE RESTRICTION
Our Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
By email at: email@example.com
By phone at +1 515-986-1028
Or write to us at:
Right Stuf Anime
512 NE Main Street
Grimes, IA 50111
United States of America